Chronic Care Management
Chronic Care Management (CCM) :
- Designed for patients with two or more chronic conditions
- Benefit from coordinated patient centered care
- Reduce the effects of acute and chronic illness exacerbations that directly impact elderly patient outcomes
- Providers include doctors, nurses practitioners, clinical psychologists, and licensed clinical social workers
- Patients residing across the entire country
- Paid under the Physician Fee Schedule at the same amount as in-person services.
- Medicare coinsurance and deductible still apply for these services.
- Common office visits, mental health counseling, and preventive health screenings.
- Medicare beneficiaries, who are at a higher risk for COVID-19 are able to visit with their doctor from their home, without having to go to a doctor’s office or hospital which puts themselves or others at risk.
- Broadens telehealth flexibility without regard to the diagnosis of the beneficiary, because at this critical point it is important to ensure beneficiaries are following guidance from the CDC including practicing social distancing to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- This change will help prevent vulnerable beneficiaries from unnecessarily entering a healthcare facility when their needs can be met remotely.
Here’s where we offer our expertise in chronic care billing
- Helping providers /Medicare HMO patients with multiple chronic conditions
- Informed consents
- Patient centered care plan
- Care Mangement
- Care accessibility
The Documentation/ Notes in telephonic encounter after the call:
- Problem list
- Expected outcome and prognosis
- Measurable treatment goals
- Symptom management
- Schedule for periodic review and when applicable revision of the care plan
- Document the time spent
- Medication reconciliation